Ok, so here’s the deal… I was nominated not once but TWICE for a Liebster… Pretty impressive sh!t right?! Well, maybe not to you but it’s a big damn deal to me! I’ve always eyed blogger awards and secretly wished I’d been awarded with one… Well, Camille from And Just Add Water and Nell from Four Completes The Set nominated me because they obviously think I’m cool and dig my writing!
Any who! Blogger awards are such a great way to learn more about your fellow bloggers. This is a way for small bloggers to give recognition to other small bloggers (200 followers or less). Here’s how it works:
Copy & Paste This Whole Post and Replace All Your Information — who awarded you, for example.
Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
Display the Liebster Award logo.
No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
As Solo the First put it “The real purpose behind these nominations are not only as an accolade from a fellow blogger and let’s face it, nothing gently strokes our little writer hearts more than someone telling you they appreciate your work. In addition to the back patting we need to receive from time to time, it also allows us to get a little more personal as we get to know our increasing blogging community. It also helps drive traffic to your site as we reference one another.”
The questions put forth to me (with my answers) are as follows:
1. What is the best book you’ve read recently? Best book recently, hmmmm… The last book that I completed was The Hunger Games, I think. And it was pretty awesome…I actually read the entire trilogy (minus the last few chapters of the third book) and loved it!
2. Name a pet peeve.I don’t want to seem like a English snob but it burns the hairs on my soul when people type “an” or “in” and they mean “and.” Shoot, bad grammar is a pet peeve in general.
3. If you could travel any place and money was not a factor, where would you go? Germany… Call me what you may but I’ve wanted to go ever since I was a horny teen age girl sneaking to watching Real Sex on HBO… They have great sex toy shops there.
4. If you could go to any concert, whether they are dead or alive, broken up or together, who would it be?Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. Together. And because of my darling wife… I’m a newly converted Mint Head so we are always at Mint Condition concerts.
5. Red wine, white wine, beer, or water? Red wine.
6. Do you have a celebrity look-a-like? If so, who?I don’t think so but I’ve been told that I look like Kim Reese from A Different World.
7. What are three blogs you read most often?My attention span is so short and Mommy brain still reigns supreme so most days I totally forget about blogs but when I do get around to reading them, Four Completes the Set, And Just Add Water, and Good Families Do.
8. What is your guilty pleasure?Cheesecake.
9. What is one skill or hobby you’re interested in learning?Being a Doula
10. What are five words that best describe you?Spiritual, Patient, Kind, Positive, Loving
11. Beach or mountains?Beach.
1. What is your greatest fear?It was that I’d never get married and have kids and that I would be old and alone… Being a failure is up there near the top tho.
2. What is your greatest accomplishment?Having my daughter, getting married, having a family of my own, starting my own business… Couldn’t name just one.
3. What public behaviors do you find the most offensive?
Obscenely loud talking.
4. If you could change one law in the State where you live what would it be?Equality in ever sense need to be the mandated law.
5. When you leave this earth what is the one thing most people will say about you and the life you lived?That I did the right thing and had a kind heart.
6. You are at your happiest when?___________ Spending time with my family, Doing anything domestic… But cooking/baking mainly.
7. What is your favorite quote or saying?Live, Laugh, Love
8. What is the one little known fact that most people will find surprising about you?I developed a crab allergy in my mid 20’s.
9. How many slices of pizza do you typically eat in one sitting?2
10. What is your favorite holiday?I never really thought about this but maybe Thanksgiving.
11. Are you #TeamiPhone or #Blackberry? #TeamiPhone
Now that that’s out of the way, here are my nominations… In no particular order of course…
Four Completes the Set
Good Families Do
And Just Add Water
Our Apron Strings
Two Moms to Be
Mommy Loves Martinis
A Story of Two Moms
2 Girls and a Baby
And now, the moment you’ve all be waiting for… My questions:
1. What is the first commonality that you look for when meeting someone new?
2. Books or TV?
3. What is your favorite time of day?
4. What is your passion?
5. Are you currently living or operating in your passion?
6. Do you still believe in the kindness of humanity?
7. When seeking hope, where do you focus?
8. Bandwagon or walk to the beat of your own drum?
9. Chocolate or vanilla?
10. Grits or oatmeal?
11. If given one day to make an impact on someone’s life, what would you do?
And there you have it… Of course it took me two days to complete this in my typical fashion but its done! Thanks for the nomination and check back for future blog updates.